Homes in Quinton VA use more water in summer than any other time of year. There are plants to water, swimming pools to fill and lawns to sprinkle. So how can you enjoy some of the best parts of summer without sending your water bill through the roof? These tips can help:
- Water plants and lawns early in the morning or after the sun starts to set. Direct the spray right at the base of the plants and don’t use a fine mist.
- Use a watering can rather than a hose for small areas and container plantings.
- Install drip irrigation in larger planting beds. This also makes watering easier and faster, since all you’ll need to do is turn the faucet on and off.
- Water deeply once or twice a week. Quick, shallow watering doesn’t reach deep enough into the soil to thoroughly hydrate roots.
- Be sure your water is not going to waste. Check sprinklers to be sure they are spraying the lawn and not the driveway. Don’t water lawns or plants more than necessary.
- Mulch garden and flower beds to retain moisture in the soil. Consult with your local garden center to find the best type of mulch for your situation.
- Take your car to the car wash instead of washing it at home.
- Wash dishes more efficiently. When hand washing, rinse the dishes in batches instead of letting the water run continuously. Use a dishwasher for full loads, which uses 60% less water than doing the same amount of dishes by hand.
- Make sure toilets and faucets aren’t leaking. Put a few drops of food coloring in the toilet tank and see if it seeps into the bowl without flushing. Repair or replace the flushing mechanism if needed. Promptly fix any leaky faucets, including outdoor ones.
- Turn off the water while brushing teeth, washing hands and soaping or shampooing in the shower. Use a faucet head that lets you turn off the water flow while maintaining the same temperature setting. Consider setting a timer for showers, especially for teens!
Summer is the perfect time to move into a new home. Call Lifestyle Home Builder at 804-409-2069 to see their listings of homes in Quinton VA.Tags: homebuilder in quinton va, homes for sale quinton va, new homes for sale quinton va
This post was written by master